30 May 2012

LES MIS Movie Update: Poster and Teaser Trailer

"Glacial silence in the coach. Marius, motionless, his body braced in the corner of the carriage, his head dropping on his breast, his arms dangling, his legs rigid, seemed waiting for nothing now but a coffin; Jean Valjean seemed made of shadow, and Javert of stone; and in that carriage full of night, whose interior, whenever it passed a lamp, appeared to turn lividly pale as if from an intermittent flash, chance had grouped together and seemingly confronted the three tragic immobilities - the corpse, the specter, and the statue."
- Victor Hugo (V.3.ix)

Day Count: 151
Page Count: 1317

Honestly, I shouldn't even need to say that I've written three posts about the current LES MIS film project (as those three posts are the most-viewed posts I've written on this blog - making up for almost 20% of this blog's viewership overall). Since the announcement of said film project, I - like many other film and/or musical and/or literature fans - have anxiously been awaiting more information and details regarding this project.

This week has been a great week for those anticipating this film.



Earlier today, Universal Studios released the first ever teaser trailer, depicting, among some great images of the characters in the film, Anne Hathaway as Fantine singing the ballad, "I Dreamed a Dream" (made famous recently by Susan Boyle's performance on 'Britain's Got Talent'). While many sites will likely pick this trailer apart image-by-image, I will not do that. Mainly because I don't have the time (I have to leave for rehearsal in ten minutes).

What I will say, however, is this: I think this trailer looks very beautiful. As it's just a teaser, it's difficult to really ascertain much at all (lucky for me, I know the plot), but the cinematography looks stunning and the characters seem really well portrayed (as well as one can figure in a trailer with no audible dialogue). Ultimately, I'm reserving final judgement, but this is a great start, I feel.

Feel free to share your comments below in the comment section once you view the trailer!

I leave you with the image of the new trailer released for the film. Enjoy - and I'll catch you next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment